Growruck 26 Eastern Fleet
GrowRuck 26 is coming to The Eastern Fleet March 25th – 27th, 2022!
What is the Eastern Fleet? The Eastern Fleet comprises the Regions East of I-95 in North Carolina. Those regions are: ENC, Kinston, Cornerstone (Plymouth, Washington, Marco, Chowanoke), Wilson, Farmville, Cape Fear, Carterico, New Bern.
Where will GTE26 (GrowRuck Training Event) take place? Greenville will play host to the Eastern Fleet’s GTE.
What is a GrowRuck Training Event? GrowRuck Training events are designed to help Men become HIGH IMPACT MEN by reenforcing the F3 mission of invigoration of male community leadership. During a GTE, we leave no man behind, but leave no man where we find him. In other words, we struggle together to become better men for our communities and our families, while under heavy weight! AYE!
What do we do during a GTE? There are 4 phases to a GrowRuck Training Event:
- The Rally – The Rally is the Friday night gathering that initiates the GTE.
- The King Builder – The KingBuilder is the Saturday morning workout.
- GrowSchool – GrowSchool (G3LT) is a Schooling session during which the four quadrants of Preparedness (Get Right, Live Right, Lead Right, Leave Right) are taught in a classroom environment by the GrowRuck Qs.
- The Ruck – The Ruck is the CSAUP (Completely Stupid and Utterly Pointless) Event during which the Leadership Skills of the individual GrowRuck Participants and the Teamwork of the Class is Accelerated through Pain and Chaos.
Below is the current packing list for the event.
- Required Gear
- Ruck (suggested minimum volume: 20L)
- 30 lb Weight (20lb Weight if pax weighs less than 150lbs)
- 3L of fluids. This can be combined in a water bladder (STRONGLY recommended) and other containers.
- 2 cans of food to donate
- Headlamp with red light & extra batteries
- Reflective bands on Ruck
- Carabiner suitable for climbing
- Photo ID
- $20 Cash
- Face covering that will cover mouth and nose (e.g., mask, gaiter, etc.) Bring something that will last the duration of the event.
- Work Gloves
- Optional Gear
- Dry Bag
- First Aid/Blister Kit
- Extra Socks
- Extra Shirt
- Toilet Paper
- Disinfecting wipes
- Hand Sanitizer/Baby Wipes
- Duct Tape
- Weather appropriate gear
- Prohibited Equipment
- Other Electronic devices
How do I register? The cost to participate in the full weekend is $175. This includes GrowSchool Leadership Training, which covers the costs related to the ruck event, a T-Shirt, and sweet patches. Click here for REGISTRATION!
Where can I stay if I am from out of town? There are a lot of places to stay in Greenville. Feel free to check out hotels, VBRO locations, AirBnBs, and campsites around Greenville. However, there has been a block of rooms at the Greenville Holiday Inn reserved for GrowRuck Participants. Click Here to Book a Room
After-Action Report (AAR)
Grow Ruck 26 – The Gathering of the Eastern Fleet
“A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity” – Proverbs 17:17.
Picture the following: Men are freezing. Tired and still wet from creek crossings and pond PT. Bruised, beat-up, and huddled together for warmth. The sun rises over the Tar River in Greenville, NC. Brother Soft Shell (ENC) steps up to the plate and begins to tell us the story of how the darkness we had just traversed through was the 2nd anniversary of his father’s passing. Brothers are for adversity. Brothers pick up the metaphorical and literal load when we can no longer push on. Brothers take a ruck from a man who is struggling to push on. Brothers carry each other when our ankles give and our hips can’t continue.
GTE26 was a solidification of brotherhood, because brothers are born for adversity.
The Gathering of the Eastern Fleet commenced on 03/25 at 1800. We enjoyed fellowship, Eastern NC Barbeque, and words from Beauty (Cape Fear) and DOAH (El Presidente). Saturday morning, we bonded with over 100 men from across the country (Thank you Happy Meal (Gold Rush) for making this statistic truthful) during the KingBuilder Bootcamp. We then moved into an impactful GrowSchool where we discussed getting right, living right, leading right, and leaving right. Finally, at 1730 on 3/26 the Fleet assembled and suffered together through chaotic situations that planted the seeds of durability.
YHC is appreciative of all the men that made this event possible, but even more thankful for the 89 brothers who shared the burden. Love you, Urraca (ENC).